So a little while ago I requested some advice getting a good jazzy sound on my 18" Sonor Force 3005 maple bass drum. I'm using 2 Fiberskyn 3 heads; FA on the batter and FS3 Bass on the reso. This thing was ringing like CRAZY (wish I could get my toms to sustain like that), but I operated under the stigma of not muffling.
At that time, I just went with an emad on the batter because of its built-in muffling. Today, I took it off and decided to giver the Fiberskyn 3 FA another try. I tuned both heads to the same medium pitch, to the point where they sustained pretty much forever. So, I put six (count em, SIX) Moongels on the batter head near the lugs.
Immediately, all my problems in my life are gone. This thing gives a beautiful WHUMP with my Fleece VicKick, decays quick, but still has a beautiful, distinct tone. She sounds just beautiful. Totally perfect for jazz. Tone, timbre, sustain, pitch... everything is finally right.
So basically, Moongel can be a good thing. Peace and love DW.
At that time, I just went with an emad on the batter because of its built-in muffling. Today, I took it off and decided to giver the Fiberskyn 3 FA another try. I tuned both heads to the same medium pitch, to the point where they sustained pretty much forever. So, I put six (count em, SIX) Moongels on the batter head near the lugs.
Immediately, all my problems in my life are gone. This thing gives a beautiful WHUMP with my Fleece VicKick, decays quick, but still has a beautiful, distinct tone. She sounds just beautiful. Totally perfect for jazz. Tone, timbre, sustain, pitch... everything is finally right.
So basically, Moongel can be a good thing. Peace and love DW.
I was wrong. I admit it. *Bass Drum Tuning*
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire