I've been studying some Bernard Purdie stuff. He has a very "easy" groove that I've been working and have learned to play by ear. I am stuck moving beyond and practicing because I cant figure out how to write and or count the notes...
Bernard is playing the following:
Eighth note triplets on his right hand..Accents on the whole notes
Kick on (1), the (&) of three and the (E) of four.
The snare on (2) and (4)
What is confusing me is that I cant figure out how to write the tab or to make sense of it so that the 16th notes line up with the triplets. Im able to play it only by ear because I've listened to it dozens of times. I know that there there are three notes in an eight note triple which makes for twelve notes in a measure. The kick is play 16ths and or 16 notes in a measure. How do write, line up or even count the 16th notes against the eight note triplets?
Im sorry for such a silly question but my writing and reading of music is fairly poor...Any help would be greatly appreciated because I want to practice around the concept and cant because I cant figure out the counts.
Bernard is playing the following:
Eighth note triplets on his right hand..Accents on the whole notes
Kick on (1), the (&) of three and the (E) of four.
The snare on (2) and (4)
What is confusing me is that I cant figure out how to write the tab or to make sense of it so that the 16th notes line up with the triplets. Im able to play it only by ear because I've listened to it dozens of times. I know that there there are three notes in an eight note triple which makes for twelve notes in a measure. The kick is play 16ths and or 16 notes in a measure. How do write, line up or even count the 16th notes against the eight note triplets?
Im sorry for such a silly question but my writing and reading of music is fairly poor...Any help would be greatly appreciated because I want to practice around the concept and cant because I cant figure out the counts.
Writing triplets...
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire