Hey all, I know I'm asking a very subjective question here, so let me explain what I'm going for...
Right now I've got 4 snares...
1) PDP Maple Concept (5.5 X 14).
Currently it has an Evans Genera (not the dry). It sounds ok, but I have a feeling all the muffling has completely killed the sound of this drum. When I bought my set with this as my only snare, I hated the sound of it, so I reverted to the completely sound sucking Genera Dry (it's got a great amount of sensitivity, but otherwise sucks the life right out of the drum). Recently I've been thinking about going back to a normal batter (something with life).
2) 1968 Ludwig Supraphonic (5 X 14).
Currently this drum has a G2 coated. It sounds fantastic!! This is what a snare drum should sound like. And without any muffling, you can hear the beauty of the aluminum shell! Sounds amazing, though I wouldn't mind getting a bit more sensitivity out of it.
3) 2008(ish) Tama Starclassic Birch (6.5 X 14).
Currently it also has a G2 coated. Another fantastic sounding drum. Tuned high is kills and tuned a little bit lower and it rocks the house!
4) Mike Marsh Signature Ddrum Steel 3mm 17 lbs (7 X 14)
Just got this snare not too long ago. It had a Power Dot on it when I bought it. I stuck my EC Reverse dot on it, but it just seems to have lost something. I think I like the Power dot better. I stuck a set of 30 strand Puresound wires on it (since it came factory with a 50 strand set and there was a crappy old, and stretched out set of wires on it when I bought it). I don't really have a problem with the Power Dot head, but I think I'd like to try something else, perhaps G2 (But hey, that's why I'm asking you guys).
All my snares are running Evans 300 Hazy snare sides. Tuning with the drum dial is 85 on all snare side heads and batter is 90 on the PDP, the Ludwig and the Ddrum and 88 on the Tama.
So, question of the week... do I stick with the G2 for my 2 questionable snares, or do I try perhaps a G1 or something in between or all-together different.
Again, I understand how subjective this thread is, like many on here, but with the information I've provided about what sound I like, I'm hoping for some suggestions from all of my fellow drummers.
Lastly, as you can tell, I'm running Evans on all my stuff and would like to stick with Evans.
Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give me.
Peace, Defender
Right now I've got 4 snares...
1) PDP Maple Concept (5.5 X 14).
Currently it has an Evans Genera (not the dry). It sounds ok, but I have a feeling all the muffling has completely killed the sound of this drum. When I bought my set with this as my only snare, I hated the sound of it, so I reverted to the completely sound sucking Genera Dry (it's got a great amount of sensitivity, but otherwise sucks the life right out of the drum). Recently I've been thinking about going back to a normal batter (something with life).
2) 1968 Ludwig Supraphonic (5 X 14).
Currently this drum has a G2 coated. It sounds fantastic!! This is what a snare drum should sound like. And without any muffling, you can hear the beauty of the aluminum shell! Sounds amazing, though I wouldn't mind getting a bit more sensitivity out of it.
3) 2008(ish) Tama Starclassic Birch (6.5 X 14).
Currently it also has a G2 coated. Another fantastic sounding drum. Tuned high is kills and tuned a little bit lower and it rocks the house!
4) Mike Marsh Signature Ddrum Steel 3mm 17 lbs (7 X 14)
Just got this snare not too long ago. It had a Power Dot on it when I bought it. I stuck my EC Reverse dot on it, but it just seems to have lost something. I think I like the Power dot better. I stuck a set of 30 strand Puresound wires on it (since it came factory with a 50 strand set and there was a crappy old, and stretched out set of wires on it when I bought it). I don't really have a problem with the Power Dot head, but I think I'd like to try something else, perhaps G2 (But hey, that's why I'm asking you guys).
All my snares are running Evans 300 Hazy snare sides. Tuning with the drum dial is 85 on all snare side heads and batter is 90 on the PDP, the Ludwig and the Ddrum and 88 on the Tama.
So, question of the week... do I stick with the G2 for my 2 questionable snares, or do I try perhaps a G1 or something in between or all-together different.
Again, I understand how subjective this thread is, like many on here, but with the information I've provided about what sound I like, I'm hoping for some suggestions from all of my fellow drummers.
Lastly, as you can tell, I'm running Evans on all my stuff and would like to stick with Evans.
Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give me.
Peace, Defender
Need suggestions on snare batter
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire