Here's a video I made so you can actually hear the vibraphone.
I like it more than keyboards...right now.... on a strictly 'how much I enjoy playing it' basis. Keyboards are infinitely more versatile. But I realized that using the sticks is a big part of the enjoyment of drumming for me. Like congas do not beckon me.
When the vibes have to go away, I think my interest in piano will replace it. But right now, it's just more fun picking out melodies on the vibes. It must be a combination of the using sticks, plus it's a drumming challenge to land the sticks on, not between, the bars, plus I have actual notes to work with....all of them! That I don't have to tune, and struggle to pull a good tone from, and replace the heads!..... OMG and that hypnotic tone. Even though I can't do nice chords on vibes like piano.
On stage, nothing tops king drumset though. Like I don't know that I would want to be a vibe player onstage. It's great fun at home though. GREAT for stick accuracy and playing smoothly and melodically, and a really engaging and fun diversion. Plus I feel it can only benefit my drumming. But onstage, if I can't play a bass drum, snare and hat, I'm just not that interested in being up there.
http://ift.tt/1wSiHDT
I like it more than keyboards...right now.... on a strictly 'how much I enjoy playing it' basis. Keyboards are infinitely more versatile. But I realized that using the sticks is a big part of the enjoyment of drumming for me. Like congas do not beckon me.
When the vibes have to go away, I think my interest in piano will replace it. But right now, it's just more fun picking out melodies on the vibes. It must be a combination of the using sticks, plus it's a drumming challenge to land the sticks on, not between, the bars, plus I have actual notes to work with....all of them! That I don't have to tune, and struggle to pull a good tone from, and replace the heads!..... OMG and that hypnotic tone. Even though I can't do nice chords on vibes like piano.
On stage, nothing tops king drumset though. Like I don't know that I would want to be a vibe player onstage. It's great fun at home though. GREAT for stick accuracy and playing smoothly and melodically, and a really engaging and fun diversion. Plus I feel it can only benefit my drumming. But onstage, if I can't play a bass drum, snare and hat, I'm just not that interested in being up there.
http://ift.tt/1wSiHDT
Vibes playing vid
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire