Hi guys sorry I use this forum more to ask questions than to provide insight (merely because I don't always believe I can offer the same advice as guys like Bermuda and Larryace etc). But I'm hoping I can get some guidance around auditioning.
I have done auditions before but it was literally play the song and if it was good enough I was likely to get the gig. This is a new game altogether. I have been given two songs to prepare which I think I'll pass on but I've been asked to 'prepare 1-2 minutes of music that showcase myself'.
This is a difficult thing. Are functions musicians really asking me to flout out chops that are completely irrelavant to what they require. Are they even wanting me to drum solo or just to choose one song that incorporates many styles yet do it all in 1-2 minutes.
I've never been asked to do this before...it just seems very strange. It's like a conveyor belt, I'm auditioning at 11 but they are also auditioning guitar, keys and vocals all at the same time. Crazy!
Sorry for long message. Any help appreciated and any experience would be great if that can be shared.
Cheers
Baz
I have done auditions before but it was literally play the song and if it was good enough I was likely to get the gig. This is a new game altogether. I have been given two songs to prepare which I think I'll pass on but I've been asked to 'prepare 1-2 minutes of music that showcase myself'.
This is a difficult thing. Are functions musicians really asking me to flout out chops that are completely irrelavant to what they require. Are they even wanting me to drum solo or just to choose one song that incorporates many styles yet do it all in 1-2 minutes.
I've never been asked to do this before...it just seems very strange. It's like a conveyor belt, I'm auditioning at 11 but they are also auditioning guitar, keys and vocals all at the same time. Crazy!
Sorry for long message. Any help appreciated and any experience would be great if that can be shared.
Cheers
Baz
Preparing for an audition
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire