No more jam sessions for me. I'm done

mercredi 25 mars 2015

I have had it with jam sessions. Like to go and listen, but everytime I go to one of the local sessions, they most always ask me to sit in.



But when I sit in, I can't get to the place of freeing myself up to convey my ideas on the drum set. So I end up feeling worse than I did before. It's just not worth it. And then I go thru this whole self rejection thing and think that I will never be able to pull off a decent performance. And I can play. Have been playing a long time, but this has always been a bugaboo with me about performing, especially if there are other drummers out in the audience who are watching me.



Although it's a great place to meet musicians and discuss music, it's not a true meter of how I play in a set group of musicians. Just can't get myself free'd up enough and it's down right embarrising when I get off the bandstand. And this is jazz sessions btw playing improvised music.



Anyone else gone thru this?

martinbr

No more jam sessions for me. I'm done

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels