I just purchased a Gretsch Renown kit from a seller on Reverb. It was advertised as "new in the box" with no mention made of any damage or blemish.
When it arrived I found some damage. Specifically there are 2 different spots on the bearing edge of the kick, batter side. Near one of these spots, on the outside of the shell between the wrap and the bearing edge there is what looks like wood putty. With the head mounted the putty is covered, so cosmetically at least it's a non-issue. The dings in the bearing edge itself are around1-2mm deep by 1-2mm wide. I took pics but evidently they are too large to attach to this post and I don't know how to resize them.
I'm pretty disappointed and I've contacted Reverb and the seller directly. Am I overreacting or will this really affect the sound?
When it arrived I found some damage. Specifically there are 2 different spots on the bearing edge of the kick, batter side. Near one of these spots, on the outside of the shell between the wrap and the bearing edge there is what looks like wood putty. With the head mounted the putty is covered, so cosmetically at least it's a non-issue. The dings in the bearing edge itself are around1-2mm deep by 1-2mm wide. I took pics but evidently they are too large to attach to this post and I don't know how to resize them.
I'm pretty disappointed and I've contacted Reverb and the seller directly. Am I overreacting or will this really affect the sound?
"New" kit arrived damaged - need advice.
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire