Ok, a bit of a hybrid thread.
Larry asked the question about the 14" x 7" santos rosewood snare ---
& coincidentally, inspired by Bo's 3 mic recording, I'd just set up a different recording rig for the first time, so I bashed this out as a tester.
http://ift.tt/1G4WS9t
I'm running a pair of Rode NT5's as overheads & a D112 about 12" in front of the bass drum - through our live desk (A&H Mixwiz3) & into the ext input on the Zoom Q3HD. It's not bad for a first go, but the bass drum is delivering too much bottom end, so I need to back the Mic off even further. Flat EQ, & unfortunately, no post tracking adjustment facility, so it is what it is. It's a fairly lively room with a very low sloped ceiling, not exactly great for recording, but hey :)
I'll continue to mess with this setup over the next few weeks.
Larry asked the question about the 14" x 7" santos rosewood snare ---
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryace (Post 1336868) What are the characteristics of a drum like that Andy? |
& coincidentally, inspired by Bo's 3 mic recording, I'd just set up a different recording rig for the first time, so I bashed this out as a tester.
http://ift.tt/1G4WS9t
I'm running a pair of Rode NT5's as overheads & a D112 about 12" in front of the bass drum - through our live desk (A&H Mixwiz3) & into the ext input on the Zoom Q3HD. It's not bad for a first go, but the bass drum is delivering too much bottom end, so I need to back the Mic off even further. Flat EQ, & unfortunately, no post tracking adjustment facility, so it is what it is. It's a fairly lively room with a very low sloped ceiling, not exactly great for recording, but hey :)
I'll continue to mess with this setup over the next few weeks.
For Larry - inspired by Bo.
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire