CB 700

jeudi 5 mars 2015

Around 1983/1984 or so, I bought my first new kit with money I'd earned working part time at $3.35 an hour. I was about 14. I was able to find online a kit very similar to the one I bought. The only difference being that my kit didn't have bottom heads on the rack toms.



http://ift.tt/1Nm8Fpc



It was similar to the cb-700's "Atlantic" set. I think it was about $400. It was one of my biggest regrets, I didn't know any better. Check out the spurs, and the hardware on this piece of garbage. Even as a teenager, I remember this not being usable. I remember replacing the garbage bass drum pedal with a Ludwig Speed King. I remember having my stepfather take off the garbage spurs and replacing them with Pearl spurs I had to buy a-la-carte. I remember the garbage hi-hat stand, and how the plastic circles on the lugs would fall out. The wood looked like pressboard or something on the toms. And yet, I don't recall it sounding bad, per se.



When I adjust for inflation, one website says $400 in 1984 is worth 927.19 in todays' dollars. Can you imagine how much better of a set you can get for $927.19 now, than that $400 piece of shit cb-700 kit back then? (Of course back then I knew nothing about negotiating, price matching, etc. I could have probably bought a used name brand used kit that was better.)



I just seems that at some point, entry level drums became much better, perhaps starting around the time Pearl re-did their Export kit. For 927.19 today, you can such a better kit than the one I got as a young teenager.



Who else here had a CB-700 kit?

CB 700

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels