Evans G2 over Ambassadors sounds fantastic

dimanche 3 mai 2015

After lots of struggling with my New Classics, I finally found the tone I had in my head. Yesterday I picked up some G2 coated for batter and G1 clear for resos.
I never got to put the G1s on the reso sides since the G2 and ambassador combo sounded so good. I may try the G1s on the reso side at some point, but for now I'm not gonna mess with things.

The G2s have a strong tone with a quick note and good stick response at all volumes. They really open up when you lay into them...it's a more powerful version of the same note heard at lower and mid tuning. I point this out because, to me, some heads have a strong note at certain volumes, but lose it at higher or lower volumes. I found this to be the case with Aquarian Super IIs that I recently tried. Fantastic sounding at lower to mid volume, but they lost something with higher volume playing. The tone is a bit more focused than the Emperors I replaced...Emperors tone has more smoothness to them though. It just depends on what you're looking for.

This Remo/Evans combo is working for me. On my bass drum I have an Emad2 batter with a Powerstroke 3 reso and it's killer. (nothing inside the drum)

If you blind tested me on the G2 and Emperor's and Aquarian 2 ply I'd be guessing which is which. But, having fiddled with tuning these drums and various head combos for weeks, I can say I'm thrilled with the G2s and how fast they got me to the tone I wanted.
Evans G2 over Ambassadors sounds fantastic

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels