I bought an Evans Emad2 level 360 today and the bass drum hoop won't meet the head hoop at any point. There is almost no flat surface on the head's flesh hoop for the drum hoop to rest. I have a power stroke 3 on the batter and the drum hoop meets the head hoop all the way around. The same is true for the non level 360 Eq4 that I'm replacing. The drum hoop rests fine on both of those with no effort needed. There is minimal flat surface on the level 360 head because the drum collar extends outward so much. There is no where for the drum hoop to actually meet the flesh hoop. It's all collar all the way around.
At first I thought a little wiggling and tightening would bring the two together, but the head collar is way too wide and leaves almost no flat area on the flesh collar. In addition to the non level 360 EQ4 fitting perfectly, I put an old Remo reso head on the batter side and it's also a perfect fit. For the record it's a Gretsch New Classic bass drum, so it's not an issue of a cheap drum or drum hoop.
This sounds like a defective head, right? There's no way the head collar is supposed to extend out to where there's no flesh hoop, right?
If so, I'm bummed because it will be at least another week before I can get to the store and return the head. I bought a batch of EC2s and G1 clears today too. I'll have to check those out too.
Evans Emad2 hoop fitment problem
At first I thought a little wiggling and tightening would bring the two together, but the head collar is way too wide and leaves almost no flat area on the flesh collar. In addition to the non level 360 EQ4 fitting perfectly, I put an old Remo reso head on the batter side and it's also a perfect fit. For the record it's a Gretsch New Classic bass drum, so it's not an issue of a cheap drum or drum hoop.
This sounds like a defective head, right? There's no way the head collar is supposed to extend out to where there's no flesh hoop, right?
If so, I'm bummed because it will be at least another week before I can get to the store and return the head. I bought a batch of EC2s and G1 clears today too. I'll have to check those out too.
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire