I tend to gravitate toward barrel tip sticks. For instance, I love the Regal Tip 8A's and the VF Steve Gadd sticks and other similar types. I love that barrel tips tend to clean out the sound on the cymbals. VF describes it as more "clarity" on the cymbals. I very rarely use anything bigger than a 5A. So when I tried the 5B Barrel from V.F. I was thinking that maybe they wouldn't be right for me. I tried them for the first time last week in a church service and I just absolutely loved them.
They didn't bring out a lot of the highs that a regular 5B might create on the cymbals. I was happy about that. The extra beef that the 5B had was extremely comfortable for me. This surprised me since, like I said before, I hardly ever use that size stick. If I had to compare the closest stick comparable to it (that I've tried), I would say the VF Bolero is somewhat similar, except that the Bolero definitely sounds darker on the cymbals than the 5B, and is made of Maple, not Hickory like the 5B Barrel.
I also loved the sound I got from the drums too. I felt that the volume on the drums was what I would expect from a 5B, but with a mellower volume from the cymbals. I thought that was a great combination.
Vic Firth 5B Barrel Tip Sticks -a quick review
They didn't bring out a lot of the highs that a regular 5B might create on the cymbals. I was happy about that. The extra beef that the 5B had was extremely comfortable for me. This surprised me since, like I said before, I hardly ever use that size stick. If I had to compare the closest stick comparable to it (that I've tried), I would say the VF Bolero is somewhat similar, except that the Bolero definitely sounds darker on the cymbals than the 5B, and is made of Maple, not Hickory like the 5B Barrel.
I also loved the sound I got from the drums too. I felt that the volume on the drums was what I would expect from a 5B, but with a mellower volume from the cymbals. I thought that was a great combination.
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire