Other than practice- quickest way to improve?

samedi 9 mai 2015

I know regular practice is the quickest way to improve in anything, but if you could recommend something other than that that leads to quick improvement what would it be? I'm a guitarist who is learning drums with the goal of actually being good at them. I know for guitar playing the thing that has made the most difference for me in terms of my growth is going the old school route and learning songs and solos with my ears, not with tabs or video lessons. This has absolutely made a huge difference in my playing and I wouldn't be where I'm at now without putting the hours in with transcribing off of recordings. Are drums the same way? Is one of the best ways to progress by taking drummers and grooves that you like and figuring them out by yourself? Or is that time spent better doing other things?
Other than practice- quickest way to improve?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels