Good day all, I've created this thread in hopes of having a "go to" thread for everything case related.
Recently I decided to purchase my first drum case. In doing so, I discovered there doesn't really seem to be that much information on cases. Even the youtube videos don't seem to cover this daunting task very well.
After reading some forums here, I pretty much had it down to Protection Racket or Ahead soft cases. I went to the store in hopes they would have both brands. They did. And I compared the two. Here are my pros and cons for both.
AHEAD--
PROS: Build Quality seems quite excellent.
The ob-long shape makes it perfect for your snare strainer or tom mounting system to fit in the case nice and snug.
The case opens ALL THE WAY for easy placement and removal of your drum.
The fleece style lining is a nice and soft lining for your drum of choice.
CONS: Another American company outsourcing it's construction to China
PROTECTION RACKET--
PROS: Build quality seems quite excellent.
The fleece style lining is a nice and soft lining for your drum of choice.
Cool logo
CONS: This is a UK based company, but just like Ahead, they are outsourcing their construction to China.
The round build of the case leaves little to no room for a snare strainer system or tom mounting system. (there is a special type of case from PR that manages this from what I've read)
The case does NOT open all the way. The design of the zipper allows the case to open up, but the top get's in your way while you're trying to put in or take out your drum of choice.
I would love to keep this thread going. Please share your pros and cons concerning hard and soft cases you've personally tried out. And as always pictures and/or videos will help.
I will add quality links to this main topic as they come up.
Peace, Defender
DRUM CASES: THE RIGHT ONE FOR YOU
Recently I decided to purchase my first drum case. In doing so, I discovered there doesn't really seem to be that much information on cases. Even the youtube videos don't seem to cover this daunting task very well.
After reading some forums here, I pretty much had it down to Protection Racket or Ahead soft cases. I went to the store in hopes they would have both brands. They did. And I compared the two. Here are my pros and cons for both.
AHEAD--
PROS: Build Quality seems quite excellent.
The ob-long shape makes it perfect for your snare strainer or tom mounting system to fit in the case nice and snug.
The case opens ALL THE WAY for easy placement and removal of your drum.
The fleece style lining is a nice and soft lining for your drum of choice.
CONS: Another American company outsourcing it's construction to China
PROTECTION RACKET--
PROS: Build quality seems quite excellent.
The fleece style lining is a nice and soft lining for your drum of choice.
Cool logo
CONS: This is a UK based company, but just like Ahead, they are outsourcing their construction to China.
The round build of the case leaves little to no room for a snare strainer system or tom mounting system. (there is a special type of case from PR that manages this from what I've read)
The case does NOT open all the way. The design of the zipper allows the case to open up, but the top get's in your way while you're trying to put in or take out your drum of choice.
I would love to keep this thread going. Please share your pros and cons concerning hard and soft cases you've personally tried out. And as always pictures and/or videos will help.
I will add quality links to this main topic as they come up.
Peace, Defender
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire